Saturday, June 19, 2010

Gluten-free Living

I have found a God-send. The lady is outstanding. Her recipes are oober yummy, easy to make, and did I mention they taste good?

The last time I tried a gluten-free diet, I felt like I was starving myself. I hadn't done a lot of research before trying it, and had absolutely NO idea there were GF alternatives to the bread and pasta that I love.

I felt like my running time had decreased, simply because I wasn't getting the carbs that my body is used to feeding off of when I run. But times have changed. Education is power.

This is my 3rd day of a gluten-free diet and I already feel the difference. I went from being in constant pain of about an 8.7 (on a scale of 1-10), to about a 1.5. I can handle this. My optimism is coming back, and I even woke up with a smile on my face this morning. :-)

But I highly recommend you check out this lady's blog. Even if you don't need to be on a GF diet, some of these recipes are mouth-watering. I made her GF peanut butter granola bars the other day, and my roomies have just about devoured it all. I think they enjoy her recipes just as much as I do.

I'm going to try out the GF bread recipe later today. You should see my grocery list. It's filled with brown rice flour, xanthan gum (whatever that is...), sweet rice flour. I had no idea half of these things existed. Grocery shopping may take a wee bit longer this time around. lol. I can see it now--me wandering up and down the aisles in pure confusion, some handsome, single man coming to my rescue. Aaahhh....twill be wonderful.

But here's the link to her blog. Check it out if you have time.

http://glutenfree.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment