Saturday, June 19, 2010

Confusion at the Grocery Store, with no white knight....

So my trip to the grocery store took slightly longer than originally planned. I was planning on baking some bread tonight and going for a run...but after the 3 hour shopping trip I'm plum pooped.

I'm not going to lie. I'm rather bummed that no handsome, single knight in shining armor came to save me and show me where the sweet white rice flour was. For the record, I have yet to find that flour. Four stores, three hours, some personal visits with customer service, and a lot of research later I have officially decided to just go with the substitute for the flour. The only reason I still believe this exists, is because I found it in a Google search. I am however, fully convinced that it does not exist in any grocery store within a 45 minute radius of my house.

I tried GF spaghetti a couple days ago. It kind of reminded me of this awful stuff I ate once when I was in China a couple years ago. It was so bad that the memory still haunts me to this day. I think if I add some oil and salt to the water next time while I'm boiling the spaghetti, it'll help tremendously. At least that's what I keep telling myself. Spaghetti is a staple in my diet, and I'm not about to give it up.

For the record, my joint pain has all but disappeared. AND it's supposed to rain tonight. Usually when the weather changes I'm in a boat load of pain. Now that I know a GF diet helps, I can't help but wonder what it is in the gluten that makes joints inflame and hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment