Friday, November 2, 2012

Lucky Day #13

So it really hasn't been "lucky" per se, I've just always wanted to have a post called "Lucky Day #13".  I've been looking forward to this post for the past week and a half.  lol

But I'm officially the energizer bunny on steroids!  I've always been overly energetic, but lately I've had way more energy than usual.

Here's what I've had thus far today:

Breakfast:
Paleo Pancakes.   YUM!

Lunch:
Tilapia and some steamed broccoli. I was really busy with work today, so I didn't have enough time to chop up some almonds for my tilapia toppings.  I must say, after having this dish a few times and playing around with the ingredients, the way to really make it taste good is to add some season salt.  The more the merrier.

Supper:
You know, I haven't really sat down today to eat a full meal.  I've been snacking since 2ish or so.  I've consumed:  a banana, an apple, an orange, some cashews, a salad (no dressing--but I did chop up some bacon to make it a bit tastier), a handful of almonds, and a GF DF (gluten-free, dairy free) brownie.  Which for the record, tastes WAY better than what it sounds.

I'm also about to consume some apple chips.  There's another 10 minutes left on the oven until they're done. I'm not sure how they'll taste, but they smell AMAZING!!!

here's the recipe for the brownies:
1.  Go to the store.
2.  Purchase a GF DF brownie mix.
3.  Add an egg, 1/4 C water, and 1/2 C unsweetened apple sauce.
4.   Add in an additional 1/2 C chocolate chips (in addition to what the recipe tells you to add)
5.  Bake at 350 degrees for 18 minutes.
6.  Enjoy!  :)

I bought a bunch of flour--tapioca and coconut in the hopes that I'll find the world's greatest GF bread recipe.  I've got a list of 5 different bread recipes I plan on trying (all claiming to be the greatest GF bread recipe out there).  No worries--I will wade through the dirty dishes, hours of sifting and baking in order to let you know what REALLY is the greatest GF bread recipe in the world.  I got ya covered.  :-)

1 comment:

  1. :) Go, Go, GO!!! WEE!!! The Paleo Pancake recipe that you used is not one I'd come across yet -- snagged it from you and added it to our household Paleo recipe book! TY!!!

    We're still using diary, but only raw from grass-fed cattle. The raw yogurt we get from the same diary has definitely helped both Lynn and I --- both of our IBD/Chrone's symptoms are *greatly* reduced! (And this w/ me being on antibiotics the past couple of weeks with teeth work being done!)

    And seriously!! Consider you have a standing invitation to come over! :D

    ReplyDelete