Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Paleo Day #3

Soo...day #3 and counting.  Even though I feel kinda yucky, I'm still 100% LOVING the cooking aspect of this!  It's like every day I have an excuse to try something new.  

Breakfast--Okay, breakfast was  a COMPLETE, epic fail.  I tried recreating the chicken-egg stir-fry from yesterday, changing it up a bit thinking I could "improve" upon it.  Totally blew up in my face.  I choked down the first two bites, then threw the rest away.  I ended up going simplistic with breakfast (mainly because I had run out of time before I had to start work) and had a banana and some bacon.

Lunch--I LOVE tilapia, but I've never made it before myself.  I always just get it at restaurants, or in the frozen microwavable meal section at Walmart.  But today I decided to be adventurous, and it was a SUCCESS! :)

I couldn't find a good, yummy looking paleo recipe for tilapia that did not include lemon juice (A--I don't have any, and B--I hate lemons) so I got creative.  Here's what I did:

1--Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2--Grease baking sheet with some coconut oil.  
3--Put tilapia onto baking sheet, put one teaspoon of coconut oil on top of fish.
4--Open up spice cabinet and start grabbing things.  I put on:  some grilling seasoning, season salt, garlic powder, sea salt, black pepper, and parsley.  Weird combination...I know...
5--Put it into oven and bake for 20-30 minutes, or until fish flakes easily.
6--Enjoy!  :)  

I happened to enjoy my tilapia when some super yummy steamed broccoli.  Which happened to be extremely easy to make.  All I did was cut up some broccoli, put it into a microwavable dish, put in 2-3 TBS of water, covered the dish, and put it in the microwave for 2 1/2 minutes.  Then once it came out, I drained the water and sprinkled on some garlic powder. 

Supper--I got devious.  I decided to stray from the normal and have breakfast for dinner.  Why not? 

I made paleo pancakes.  I got the recipe from another online blog, and they are PHENOMENAL!!!

Here's what ya do:

1--Combine: 2 eggs, 1/2 C unsweetened apple sauce, 1/2 C nut butter (I used almond butter), 1/4 tsp cinnamon, and 1/4 tsp vanilla extract in small bowl until you have a uniform batter.
2--Use coconut oil to grease a skillet.
3--Spread some batter into skillet to form pancake. (I found that cooking two teaspoon pancakes is WAY easier than bigger ones)
4--Cook over low/medium heat. Flip after 1-2 minutes.

**Be careful not to burn them. They burn easily...I learned this the hard way**

this made a TON of batter...way more than what I can consume in one night.  I'm curious which way will store better overnight, so I cooked half of the left-over batter, put it onto a plate, and put it in the fridge.  Then the rest of the batter I just put into a small container.  I'll let ya know tomorrow which way wins.  :)

Now as far as how I'm feeling....thankfully don't have the massive headache I did yesterday.  But I am unbelievably tired.  So much so that I'm contemplating going to sleep at 8 tonight like an old person.  


No comments:

Post a Comment