Thursday, November 1, 2012

Day #5-#12

Wow. I'm waaay behind on my blogs.  Been rather busy lately with a variety of things--went out of town for work, had a hurricane come pay a visit, it started raining in my bathroom....you know, minor things like that.

Overall, I'd say I feel better in some aspects, and worse in others.

Pros of the last week:
-Swelling has gone done A LOT
-I feel pretty awesome when grocery shopping...I'm probably the only one in the store buying only healthy stuff--I have to fight the urge to go parade around the store showing off my healthy purchases.
-I have more energy than before
-I no longer need caffeine to operate (and anyone who has known me, knows that's something pretty spectacular in and of itself)
-I have discovered a love for researching new recipes, and......cooking! *gasp*
-I now realize there IS a life that exists without sweet tea!  And I gotta say--it's a much cheaper one, too.
-I looked at my budget today and realized I have almost $60 more than usual!  Most people complain about how expensive eating paleo is, but when a person eats out as much as I used to I'm actually saving money by doing this.
-I have zero idea if there is any scientific evidence of this for other people...but I have yet to have a Raynauds flare-up since day #3 of this thing.  And I've been in some pretty cold places.
-Paleo Pancakes.  They are God's gift to people everywhere, male and female alike.


Cons:
-I'm hallucinating--two days ago while I was at work, my pen miraculously turned into a bread stick from Olive Garden.  I had it halfway to my mouth before I realized it was my pen.
-I no longer sleep only 4-5 hours/night.  I'm now out for the count by 10P, and sleep like a log until 7:30 the next morning when my dog decides it's time to wake me up (30 minutes BEFORE my alarm goes off).  Therefore, I'm not getting as much done. I now understand the saying "there's not enough hours in the day"
-The whole having to cook thing is beginning to get old, especially on days when I work until 5, then have to rush out the door by 5:05 in order to be on time somewhere by 5:30.
-Chili. I love chili.  I tried a Paleo friendly recipe, and the word "suckage" doesn't even begin to describe it.  I'd post the recipe on here so you can avoid it, but if you're anything like me you'll try it out just to see if it's as bad as I claim it to be--trust me, it is.
-Bread.  It's all but disappeared from my diet.  If I'm going to last much longer I NEED to find a paleo-friendly bread recipe.

Anyways....I gotta run. I have a date with a ping pong paddle and some friends.  Hope you're having a good day!


1 comment:

  1. So hear you about the bread!! We were huge bread-eaters before. Now, it's nada. I'll be watching to see what you make of your bread recipe trials!! :D

    ReplyDelete