Sunday, November 11, 2012

Day #21

Whoa!  Has it really been that long?!

Minus one major temptation cave-in (Domino's breadsticks) that I regretted the next day when my knees started cracking again, my head started pounding, and generally just not feeling well I can proudly say I have stuck to this Paleo thing.

My bread recipes have turned out to be disastrous.  I found one that used a box recipe that tasted okay, but that costs $5 per box!! With that type of money I'd prefer to just buy GF bread from the store that's pre-made.  However, I just came across a cracker recipe I have a lot of faith in.

The recipe calls for butter, and I refuse to do milk yet (still have another 9 days to go before I try adding it back in).  I found a recipe for Clarified Butter (basically it's butter with the milk proteins, sugars, and water removed).  So all you have left is simply butter.  It looks fairly simple to make, and at least in the future I'll have some butter to mask the horrible taste of my bread failures...

If it tastes anything like butter I'll post the recipe on here later.

So today I made some beef stew for myself and my sore throat.

A lot of recipes call for this bone broth mixture which I haven't tried yet...I do have a chicken carcass in my fridge awaiting my Mother's assistance.  The recipe to make it is like 2 pages long and uses a lot of words I don't understand.  So this way...if it turns out horribly, I can say it was  'we' failure instead of a 'me' failure.

But since I don't have any bone broth stuff made up this is what I did:

I helped Dad can some deer meat yesterday.  I then took some canned deer meat with me when I left...perhaps more than what he realized I took.  ;-)

Then I opened up the canned meat, and plopped it into a pan.  I added some water, some carrots, and some spices.  I put in some grilling seasoning, some parsley, and some black pepper.  I stirred it up, and waited for the meat to cook.

Then I ate it.  Yum.


No comments:

Post a Comment