Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Today = Icky Day

I can always tell when the day is going to be a bad/good Lupus day within seconds of when I wake up. I'm a big stretcher. That is the first thing I do every morning. I spread my arms and stretch out as far as I physically can expand my body. On my bad days, my whole lower half of my body does not stretch. It's because it's so swollen that it just doesn't move.

Anyways...I woke up this morning, and I went to stretch. And.....nada. Not a thing moved.

I find on these days, that it's best to just not think. Because when you start thinking, the negative thoughts start to creep in. On these days, you just fight. You dig down deep, you find that inner strength buried deep within you, and you just fight.

Fighting is easier when you don't ponder the "what if's", or the "why me" questions. It's best if you just take things one at a time.

First on my agenda? Food. Next? Painting. I enjoy it. And what better thing to accomplish on a day when I have no energy, and no mobility? I've got a few unfinished projects calling my name.

Until later,

Your Ancient-Bodied-slightly-hungry Friend. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment