Friday, April 30, 2010

My Gluten-free World...

I woke up this morning in a lot of pain. I'd put it at about a 6.7 on a scale of 1-10. I had promised my doc that if anything changed I'd give her a call ASAP, so I limped over to the phone and called her. She told me to come in as soon as I could. I hopped in the shower as my anxiety slowly started to rise.

Thankfully, it turned out to be nothing except good news. It turns out that my 8.5cm x 5cm cyst is now a beautiful 1.5cm X 1cm cyst. My doc seems to think that it's leaking some, and the leakage is what's causing me pain. But at the moment it looks like I won't have to get it surgically removed, and it'll disappear on it's own.

The first thought that came to mind when she told me this was "WAHOOOOOO!!!!".

She also gave me the okay to return back to work, and to start running. So since I'm finally able to keep solid foods down I am going to designate today as the first day of my 30 days of gluten-free diet. This is the first actual "diet" I have ever placed myself on, so I'm not quite sure how I feel about it.

My main goal for doing 30 days of good-bye gluten is to see if it helps with my joint pain. I have this feeling it well, because after my almost two-week long episode of clearing out my intestines, I feel 100% fine. I'm not sure why. But I have this gut feeling that it's due to food. I haven't had any foods with gluten in them since I got sick, with the exception of 3 crackers. So I'm going to go with the flow and see what happens.

I'm also going to start my running plan sometime this week. Probably Sunday evening after I get off work if I'm feeling up to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment